2.14.2005

time to blog about something happy!

ok, ok. i admit, this blog has taken a bit of a downward, depressing turn. but hey, if ya'll want to journey into my brain with me, sometimes that's just what you're gonna get.

but maybe i should take a break from the self-deprecating humor and lighten things up a bit. so grab your partner, get ready for the 'couples skate' and read on...

it is the day after a very wet snow, the fresh white is clinging to the trees. i enjoyed a lovely cup of tea this morning while almost throwing my very bad puppy against the wall (yes, i do actually have a very bad puppy, this is not a metaphor for my id or super ego). after almost throwing him against the wall, i felt an intense pang of guilt for the hatred that almost stemmed from my fingers onto his tender fur and so i pulled him out of his cage and we enjoyed a lovely Forgiveness cuddle. to pass the time this morning, i have wandered off to warmer days, sunshine on my face, being in duluth and pondering the mysteries Superior holds, the chartreuse green of spring trees, the thaw of winter and the thaw of my heart. spring should come soon. any day now in fact.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I believe with my whole heart that it is just around the corner. :)

6:14 PM  
Blogger jeffmacsimus said...

I went through EXACTLY that cycle when your rug got eaten. But that's the thing about your dogs, you can't stay mad. They're too precious. I need to remember that about people, sometimes...

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home