1.17.2005

reclaim this earth

last night, one of my very intelligent friends explained quantum physics to me. we somehow moved from a discussion of quantum physics to a discussion about how this world is really a dominion for our enemy to pursue us, our brains being the battle ground. someone in the room said something about how everything on this earth, this place that we find our bodies dwelling presently, belongs to the evil one. now, i know from scripture that our adversary "prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour" (1 Peter 5), but i couldn't help hearing the music of the spheres echoing in my heart...

"this is my Father’s world
and to my listening ears all nature sings
and round me rings the music of the spheres

this is my Father’s world
i rest me in the thought of rocks and trees, of skies and seas
His hand the wonders wrought

this is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise
the morning light, the lily white
declare their Maker’s praise

this is my Father’s world,
He shines in all that’s fair
in rustling grass i hear Him pass, He speaks to me everywhere.

this is my Father’s world
oh let me never forget
that though the wrong seems oh so strong
God is the Ruler yet..."

so whenever the day comes that i can once again go outside without my lungs seizing at every inward breath, i want to be a person who actively reclaims this world back to Him. what can i do in each moment to remember that He is the ruler yet, ever still, and forever... this earth is His kingdom already and not yet come. i want to remember in every sunrise and every crashing wave that He sees this earth, and He sees me. we are the music of the spheres.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get it, girl!

Even Jesus didn't deny Satan's claims of authority when Satan offered to give Jesus dominion over all the kingdoms of the world. (Matt. 4) But Jesus seemed content to keep us in the middle of this "perverse" world, but now with a way out of it (thru His death), a guide thru it (His Spirit), and a call for us to glorify God in it.

Everything created by God -- especially you -- can bring Him glory still.

Do not be deceived, Satan does NOT have authority over you, your mind, nor any Truth found in God's Word. Deceptions may lie all around us, but the only thing keeping us from "reclaiming this world back to Him" is when we believe the deceptions more than we believe God.

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Rom 12:1-2) Don't listen to the lies, listen to the crashing waves and "the music of the spheres". His glory is in you and all around you, and it's beautiful. Deeply drink it in. Lavishly pour it out. Live each day in the Truth of God's power and authority and majesty -- and His love for you!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Wow, I needed to be reminded of this. Thank you.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home