7.20.2005

dancing in the desert

i keep hearing this really funny song on 93X. it sounds like one of those songs where the writer(s) had three different song ideas, and they couldn't quite finish any of those three ideas, so they decided to cram them into one song. the title of this blog comes from that song.

and then this morning, i heard a song on 105 that, according to the DJ, is classified as acid reggae rap. the band is called matisyahu, and the song was 'king without a crown'. check out the band here. the website sucks, but the bio is pretty interesting.

my friend shannon is driving into town today. she's driving from new york. she is crazy, just like me. we're heading to the 10,000 lakes festival at the good ole' soo pass ranch in detroit lakes. matt is afraid of the hippies. i think i am too.

this blog has been completely pointless. i truly hope you enjoyed it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Sometimes the pointless blogs are the best kind! Sometimes I am required to think too hard. Not in this case. :) Thanks!
I think I'm afraid of hippies too. Mostly because my mother was one and I've heard countless stories...

6:39 PM  
Blogger jeffmacsimus said...

After I posted my blog tonight, I read over the last few, and I was like "Damn, I'm heavy..." This was great -- like one of them gag cans of peanut brittle that spew fake snakes all over the place. It made me happy.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm going to the 10kLF too! Normally, I would say that hippies aren't too frightening, but if you get enough of them all in the same place...things can get out of hand!

Take chimney sweepers, for example. If you were to come across a couple of them...

...okay, maybe that's not a good example.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home