4.19.2005

surprise... 2???

alright, i admit it. i'm way too A.D.D. to keep up with the whole 'surprise me' prayer. and besides, do i really want to pray 'surprise me' to the God who invented things like black holes, galaxies, quarks, atoms, the pointer sisters, hippos, and venus fly traps? i dunno yet...

april sixteen and seventeen...
a long walk with an old friend under a brilliant sky
a rekindled love
a dose of patience in the sunlight
a cuban breakfast in the rain
a glowing cigarette under cedar and lunar blue
a reminder of the strength of friendships that have endured
a reminder of the beauty of new friendships that will endure
a lot of beck
a dip of my toe into the water of summer
a song sung from a fighting heart



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me until a glowing cigarette . . .

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't have me UNTIL glowing cigarette...

8:23 AM  
Blogger Matt Patrick said...

I'm a little concerned and perplexed by your "Cuban" comment.
First of all, who smokes Cubans for breakfast?
Secondly, they're bad for you.
Thirdly, they are illegal.
Fourthly...

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home