9.18.2006

welcome to the neighborhood

trader joe's, let me be the first of many to welcome you to the neighborhood.

you've picked a good place to settle down. i mean, if you're gonna pick a state in the midwest, you've chosen well. and if you're gonna pick a suburb of minneapolis, again, i believe you've chosen well. we're not as hip, trendy, or crowded as uptown, yet we're not as suburbanly sprawled as maple grove. welcome to the neighborhood.

you'll get your fair share of business here, from the soccer moms looking for a healthy snack for their athletically inclined offspring to the chino latino crowd looking for a fresh avocado to make their homemade guacamole. from the young urban professionals looking for a quick lunch bite, to the local coffee addicts grazing for the caffeinated equivalent of crack to cocaine (same great high, new low price). and even still, the retirement community across the street will peek their heads inside your 100% organic doors, just to see what all the hype is about. welcome to the neighborhood

people will come from north and south, from hennepin and 35W, just to see what you're about. discounted organic foods. less clutter. more fun. cheap wine that only tastes good when you're too young to know better (the nearly infamous two-buck-chuck). and above all, this:

trader joe's in-house-brand honey mango shaving cream.

upon the label, it reads "100% organic, 100% paraben free, 100% vegetarian".

you know, i've gotta hand it to you trader joe's... last time i checked, i wasn't going to eat my shaving cream. but i suppose if i got into the shower and was hungry enough, well, it might happen someday. and your label has been just informative enough to let me know that if i do decide to eat it, it fits within the confines of my paraben-free vegetarian diet. thank you trader joe's. your labels are quite informative. welcome to my shower. my belly. my neighborhood. my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Oh, man, you crack me up.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

It'd be interesting to hear what you think of our neighborhood planning . . .

9:04 AM  
Blogger BDL said...

Well hello there Ashley! I think I visited you blog way back when. Just thought I'd drop in and say, "Well hello there Ashley!"

Your post made me laugh, good stuff.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Been there, done that, I'll be back for more!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home