8.01.2006

trespass within

call it our irresponsible use of aquanet in the 80's. but whatever has brought on this excessive heat, you can almost hear the earth pleading for a reprieve. and that reprieve came today in the form of rain. now, i don't run in the rain. i'm just not that hardcore about running. but i wanted to celebrate with the pangs of creation, so i laced up my tennies and hit the road, donned in my running attire and rain jacket... because let's just be honest - the only running shirts i have are white. and no one wants to see that.

thirty consecrated minutes lay before me. to breathe. to remember. to get drenched in the tears of rebirth and renewal. to play. to care less about how frizzy my increasingly wet hair is getting and care more about just being here.

and somewhere in-between the sounds of pelting rain on my skin and the incantations of muse, Something translucent pushed through. something Holy trespassed within me. and soaked through and through, i shed the tears of baptism.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bruce E. B. said...

I have had a similar experience while biking.

I still talk about it.

Putsy B.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home