9.16.2005

the year was nineteen-ninety-six (this post is pointless, only read if you're bored)

in anticipated celebration of my 10 year highschool reunion which is supposed to be happening this spring (but if things shake down in typical highschool fashion as i experienced it, i won't be invited because let's face it, i never was part of those reindeer games), i have decided to list a few of the songs that made ''the top 100 of 1996'. below are the songs that i actually remember turning up when they came on the radio. consider this my way of letting you in on my embarrassing past.

One Sweet Day, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
Tha Crossroads, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
Twisted, Keith Sweat
C'mon N' Ride It (The Train), Quad City Dj's
California Love, 2Pac
Loungin, LL Cool J
Be My Lover, La Bouche
Name, Goo Goo Dolls
Counting Blue Cars, Dishwalla
You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette
One Of Us, Joan Osborne
Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio
Sweet Dreams, La Bouche
1, 2, 3, 4 (Sumpin' New), Coolio
No Diggity No Doubt, BLACKstreet (Featuring Dr. Dre)
1979, The Smashing Pumpkins
Champagne SuperNova, Oasis
Woo-hah!! Got You All In Check, Busta Rhymes
Doin It, LL Cool J
Just A Girl, No Doubt
My Boo, Ghost Town Dj's
Get Money, Junior M.A.F.I.A.

wanna remember what songs were popular when you graduated? go here and in the search function, type your graduation year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

I WAS bored! Thank you. :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jaime G said...

O.K. It is embarrasing (embarassing?) how many of those songs I remember and still like.

I answered your dog question on my blog comment list... take a look!

2:10 PM  
Blogger julie said...

i think we had 4 songs in common.

8:20 AM  
Blogger jeffmacsimus said...

Alright -- sorry for the late comment, but I'm catching up...

Since I refuse to believe that either of us was REALLY uncool in '96, I'll just have to say we were exploring very different disciplines of auditory happiness.

Rock on.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home